Sign the petition to Rescue our Rivers today
Our rivers are on the brink of collapse, plagued by a chemical cocktail of sewage, agricultural and chemical pollution. Give our rivers a voice and call for them to be restored to health by 2030.
Sign River Actions petition now by clicking here and join the mighty wave of people urgently calling for political leaders to act quickly and ambitiously to rescue our rivers.
River Action, together with over fifty other organisations, is demanding the Government rescue Britain’s rivers for nature and people by:
- ENDING SEWAGE POLLUTION
- STOPPING AGRICULTURE POLLUTING OUR RIVERS
- PREVENTING HARMFUL CHEMICALS AT SOURCE
- SECURING WATER SUPPLY FOR EVERYONE
- BRINGING NATURE BACK FROM THE BRINK
- REFORMING PLANNING AND PROMOTING NATURAL SOLUTIONS
- PROTECTING RIVER HABITATS AND WILDLIFE
- MONITORING POLLUTION OF ALL RIVERS
- INSPECTING POLLUTERS AND ENFORCING THE LAW
- WORKING TOGETHER TO RESTORE OUR RIVERS
We, along with River Action, demand that Government acts now to rescue our rivers for nature and people. Join us by signing today and help the babble of voices become a mighty wave.
Like CPRE and many others River Action have recognised we’re facing a freshwater emergency. Most of Britain’s 200,000km network of rivers, including our River Wye, are facing the devastating effects of pollution from human activities exacerbated by the pressures of climate breakdown, species extinction and food security. When we stand together we make the difference. It takes just 2 minutes to sign the petition to help save our rivers by clicking here. Thank you.