For you to be part of the change you want - if you have a vote please use it, and consider how your candidates' promises could affect our county, for better or worse.
CPRE's Local Election manifesto sets out five key areas that local candidates should address:
- Best use of land - respecting the constraints of designated landscapes, making use of brownfield sites and prioritising sustainable, public transport.
- Thriving rural communities - getting the local council building more homes for social rent and prioritising local housing need over market demand.
- Empowered communities - championing and upholding the voice of local people through the planning system.
- An enjoyable countryside – developing light pollution policies and encouraging outreach and engagement programmes to provide equal access to the countryside.
- Climate change and the countryside – setting a local authority climate change strategy and embedding climate change into all local policy areas.
If you're not certain who your candidates are and what they stand for, click here and enter your postcode.