before you have a chance to make a difference with your local election vote.
National CPRE have published their manifesto to help you make the most of your vote. We ask candidates, if elected, to support policies that address -
- Best use of land - respecting the constraints of designated landscapes, making use of brownfield sites and prioritising sustainable, public transport.
- Thriving rural communities - getting the local council building more homes for social rent and prioritising local housing need over market demand.
- Empowered communities - championing and upholding the voice of local people through the planning system.
- An enjoyable countryside – developing light pollution policies and encouraging outreach and engagement programmes to provide equal access to the countryside.
- Climate change and the countryside – setting a local authority climate change strategy and embedding climate change into all local policy areas.