People power struck again when 100 volunteers removed a ton of rubbish from the River Wye.
The Hereford Community Cleaner-Uppers cleared a stretch between the Hunderton railway bridge and Rotherwas. Bravo to all who turned out! There are more 'deep-cleans' planned for the summer months, with full safety and risk training beforehand, if you'd like to join in contact HCCUgroup via their website.
National CPRE continues to campaign for a litter-free future and a practical and effective deposit return scheme which:
- includes all sizes of bottle, can and carton.
- includes all materials – aluminium, plastic, glass and Tetrapak.
- is accessible for all, regardless of mobility or other considerations.
- is paid for by the drinks manufacturers.
- is UK-wide.
- is carbon neutral, with no impact on climate change.
- boosts the UK recycling sector, with any new plants being built on brownfield first.
- works alongside other solutions to reduce waste and increase recycling.
Photo Hereford Times